The dry scalp problem is very common now a day. It happens when the sebum secreted by sebaceous glands at the base of a hair or root of the hair is not adequately lubricated by the oil. The hair is imparted by the sebum, its characteristic luster and shine. When the sebum is not adequate, the hair grows and scalp dry. Curling irons, frequent shampooing, harsh dyes, perm gels, usage of blow dryers and styling gels, and poor diet, pollution, sunburns on scalp, hard water, and allergies. The dry scalp problem is commonly associated with dandruff, flakiness, and itching.
However, there is a myth that dry scalp and dandruff are synonymous. But it’s not true because the Dandruff can happen even in oily scalp. Dry scalp results in dry hair, which amazingly breaks the hair frequently. With the use of an umbrella while going out in scorching sun, using conditioners after shampooing, wearing hat, massaging scalp daily with oil and moisturizing the hair and scalp are general methods to get rid of the dry scalp problem. Massaging stimulates the oil glands, and also improves blood circulation at the roots. In this article we will discuss some home remedies to get rid of the problem of dry scalp.
Home Remedies For Dry Scalp
- A blend of10-12 finely crushed aspirin and one cup olive oil can be applied on scalp to fight with the problem.
- You can perform yoghurt after shampooing. It acts as an effective conditioner and will solve the dry scalp problem.
- You can massage the scalp with heated olive oil, and wash it on next morning with a shampoo.
- A combination of egg white whisked and yoghurt may also cure the dry scalp problem.
- You can use aloe Vera gel on the scalp and leave it overnight and then wash it off next morning with a shampoo.
- You can simmer oatmeal in six cups of boiling water around one hour, and then add rosemary oil to this mixture. Apply this mixture on your scalp. You will get good result.
- Using vinegar or lemon juice for dry scalp while using shampoo may unblock sebaceous glands and dry the scalp.
- You can apply a mixture of equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar on scalp, and then leave it for 20 minutes, and then wash it with any herbal shampoo. This method will solve your dry scalp problem.
- Massaging scalp with lavender oil and castor oil can also get rid of the problem very well.
- A combination of honey and milk can ideally fight with the dry scalp problem.
- You can massage with a mixture of 1 tps coconut milk and gram flour before using the shampoo. It is very effective method to get rid of the problem of dry scalp.
- A massage tonic made out of one can of one teaspoon geranium, alcohol and macerate watercress is very useful to cure this problem.
These home remedies are effective and safe in curing dry scalp problem from the root.
Photo Credit: Patloika