Have you ever thought about how much irritating sweating can? Frankly, it can be hard for some people to digest the fact that sweating is a natural (normal) process of our body through which it releases toxins. But this natural process can also be a great disorder which you may have to deal with.
Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating is one of the major disorders which is out of the ordinary and one which can typically embarrass you. So before this excessive sweating makes your life more miserable, it is high time you take some preventive steps to avoid it. Rather than going for medicines, you could try home remedies as they are quite effective and cost less. Plus, they don’t have any kind of side effects.
What Causes Excessive Sweating?
Following are some of the basic reasons or factors which lead to unwanted sweating –
- Being overweight or having excess weight
- Having anxiety disorder
- Fluctuations of the Hormones
- Suffering from Diabetes
- Having lung or heart disease
- Heart Failure
- Parkinson Disease
- Excessive alcohol
- Excess medications
- Respiratory Issues
- Pregnancy and Menopause
- Injury in the spine
What are basic Symptoms or signs of Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating?
There are various symptoms which show that a person is suffering from excessive sweating. Some of them are the following –
- Foot odour
- Moist and wet soles or palms
- Discoloration in the affected area
- Visible sweating which wets the clothes
- Scaling or Cracking of the skin
- Skin Maceration
What are the home remedies for sweating?
- Tomato Juice:- You could try a glass of home-made tomato juice to kick out the problem of unwanted sweating. Just have it daily and within a couple of weeks you can see the desired results.
- Vinegar:- Do you know that vinegar is an excellent remedy for avoiding sweating. Just take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons of natural vinegar. Take both the mixtures three times a day. You have to make sure that you consume the mixture in empty stomach and half an hour before or after having meal.
- Potato:- This is one of the best and easiest remedies of getting rid of excess sweating. Here, you need to cut the potato into slices and rub them on the areas or under the arms, especially on the areas where you sweat a lot.
- Herbal or Green Tea:- Do you know that sage tea is an excellent booster and remedy for curing excessive sweating? Just brew few sage herbs in hot water and allow it to cool after some time. Drinking this every day is quite healthy as the sage is rich in Vitamin B and magnesium, which would greatly diminish the activities of the sweat gland. This remedy is commonly used to prevent the sweating in the underarms. If you don’t get sage tea, you could try green tea.
- Baking Soda and Corn Starch:- To get rid of unwanted sweating or Hyperhidrosis, you could mix baking soda with corn starch and put the mixture under your arms. But first you need to thoroughly clean your underarms and then apply the mixture. Allow it to remain there for about 30-40 minutes and then wash it off. Adding essential oil as deodorant in the mixture would also be quite good.
- Witch Hazel:- This herb is a good antiperspirant and astringent which automatically dries up the area where you sweat profoundly. You could also use the tea made from Witch Hazel to avoid sweating.
- Tannic Acid:- Natural tea is the major source of the tannic acid. First, you need to dispose some tea bags in hot water. As the water cools down, you immerse your palms into it. This is an excellent remedy when you are facing quite a lot of perspiration or sweat in your hands or palms.
- Wheatgrass Juice:- One glass of wheatgrass juice is a wonderful remedy for curing the issues related to excessive sweating. The wheatgrass juice helps in deactivating the acids present in the body. It is also a great source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin B12, etc.
- Tea Tree Oil:- You could apply a thin or small layers of tea tree oil in the area where there is high perspiring. A tea tree oil has got an abundance of natural astringents that would give you desired results within couple of days.
- Coconut Oil:- You could mix some coconut oil with about ten grams of camphor and apply the given mixture on the areas where you sweat. This is a natural way of avoiding excessive sweating.
- Salt:- Salt is one of the best means of avoiding sweating. All you have to do is mix a tablespoon of common salt with lime juice and apply the given mixture on your hands. This will easily decelerate the basic activities of the sweat gland and cure the unwanted sweating.
- Grapes:– Do you know that consuming grapes everyday can help in soothing the issues related to Hyperhidrosis. Grapes contain natural antioxidants and it can help in balancing the body temperature.
Sweating is a natural procedure and you can avoid it by following certain regimes like drinking a lot of water, avoiding any kind of stress and harsh soaps and deodorants, wear loose fitting clothes, etc.
Photo credit: Wikimedia