What is Vomiting?
Vomiting is a common problem that happens due to many reasons. But the main causes of vomiting are due to excessive heat, travelling or due to pregnancy. This problem can also happen due to certain illnesses or by eating unhealthy or contaminated meals. In this article you will find a few easy remedies to get rid of the vomiting.
Color of vomit
- Yellow vomit suggests bile. This kind of vomiting shows that the pyloric valve is open and bile is flowing into the abdomen from duodenum.
- Bright red vomit- It indicates that the bleeding is coming from the esophagus
- Coffee ground vomit- It indicates that very less severe bleeding in the abdomen, the reason behind is that the gastric acid has time to shift the blood composition.
- Dark red vomit- It indicates the profuse bleeding in the abdomen from a perforated ulcer.
What are the Causes of Vomiting?
Vomiting is not any kind of diseases, but it is the signs of various problems like:
- Intense pain
- Medication-induced vomiting
- Emotional stress (like fear)
- Motion seasickness or sickness
- Early pregnancy (vomiting occurs in 25% -55% of all pregnancies)
- Food poisoning
- Infections ( “stomach flu”)
- Gallbladder disease
- Heart attack
- A reaction to particular odors or smells
- Brain injury or Concussion
- Some forms of cancer
- Brain tumor
- Ingestion of excessive amounts of alcohol or toxins
- Psychological illnesses
- Slow stomach emptying or Gastroparesis (a problem generally seen in individuals with diabetes)
The reasons of vomiting vary in accordance with the age. For kids, vomiting occur from a milk allergy, viral infection, overeating or feeding, food poisoning, motion sickness, blocked intestines , coughing, and illnesses.
Home Remedies for Vomiting
- Gradually suck a piece of ice or lemon. Lemon and ice are very useful to get rid of the vomiting.
- Another easy remedy to get relief of vomit is to peel the lemon skin and dry it. Then you need to Burn the skin and gather ashes. After that you can consume the ashes with a plenty of water to get relief.
Take the small piece of cardamoms and mix the ashes of it with honey. This mixture is very beneficial in reliving the vomiting.
Burn the Ficus Religiosa (bark of the peepal tree) and then extinguish the burned Ficus Religiosa in water. Take this water in a fresh cloth and consume this mixture every 8 to 10 hours to get relief from vomiting.
Mint & Onion
Make a paste of the mint leaves and Pound onions. Take two teaspoons of the paste 4 to 5 times a day.
Tulsi (Basil), Ginger & Mint
Add equal amounts of the juice of basil (tulsi), ginger and juice of mint. If you want immediate and effective results you need to add a little saunf arka in this mixture. Use this mixture every 4 hours to get relief.
Suck on three or four cloves. The cloves are the best home remedies for vomiting, to get fast relief.
If vomiting occurs due to excessive heat, you can drink water of tamarind (imli) dipped, sieved and mashed in water.
- You can make an herbal tea with ginger will definitely help in vomiting. You may buy some herbal candies from any medical stores.
- Ginger is very beneficial to get relief from vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy.
Make a powder of ten grams sugar candy and 5 cloves, add 30gm of water and drink this mixture 2 or 3 times in a day. This is very beneficial to get relief from vomiting caused by excessive heat.
When you feel vomited take cinnamon tea. It will help you to get relief. Cinnamon contains chemicals known as catechin which is very useful to relieve vomiting.
Apple cider vinegar
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with water, and drink this mixture before going to bed. There you have some home remedies to cure the symptoms of vomiting problem.
- Apple cider vinegar is one of the best solutions to cure vomiting. Apple cider vinegar will be helpful to women that vomit due to pregnancy.
- Make a paste of parched rice mixed in the water and add some sugar, powders of cardamom and cloves.
- You may make few frozen pops out of the concoction at home. You can also drink the water of rice. You need to boil the rice, and then drink the water of the rice.
- Once you have detected the cause of your discomfort, you are on the way to cure the problem. Any kind of non carbonated syrup is better to get relief from vomiting. It will make our abdomen very well. A slush drink of non carbonated syrup will be very useful for your vomiting. You can also mix apple juice and ½ tsp of the ginger. Keep in mind that the ginger is fully mixed with the juice and water very well. Then blend this mixture in the ice.
The above given tips will help you to decrease your discomfort and help relieve your vomiting as soon as possible. If your vomit looks like coffee grounds or contains blood or if the vomiting persists for more than 24 hours, then you should consult with your physician quickly. Identify the cause and treat the signs of the condition. Vomiting and Nausea are two different signs that may be caused by various conditions and illnesses. How you treat the vomiting depends on what’s causing the problem. Some time, vomiting is harmless, but this problem may be a symptom of a critical illness. Some instances of critical conditions that can result in vomiting include meningitis, concussions, brain tumors and intestinal blockage.
Another problem is dehydration. Young people have a very low risk of dehydrated problem as adults may generally identify the signs of dehydration (like increased dry lips and thirst). However the children have a high risk of dehydrated problem, particularly if children have diarrhea. Therefore, vomiting is not any disease, it occurs due to certain reasons which are discussed earlier.
Photo Credit: Flickr