Ear infection can take place due to the swollen or the blockage in one of your Eustachian tubes. These are small tubes, which connects middle ear to the back of the throat. An ear infection can be either a viral infection or a bacterial infection depending upon the pathogen.
Some factors which contribute to ear infections are wax buildup, food or environmental allergies, internal injuries, nutritional deficiencies or can be genetic. The ear infection can result into symptoms like
- Pain or discomfort in the ear
- Persistent air pressure inside the air
- Pus drainage from the ear
- Temporary hearing loss
Depending on the intensity of ear infection, it I categorized in two different types. If your ear infection is active in early stages, it will result into short pain durations. But if it get any worse it could result into chronic ear infection which can be harmful for your ear, at extreme you can lose your hearing power.
Tips To Get Rid Of Ear Infection Fast
Salt is the best option present in our kitchen which can be used to treat ear infection. The heated salt crystals help shift the pressure inside the ear and will result into the drainage of the fluid from inside the ear.
- Take a cup of sea salt and heat it on a pan, microwave or anything that suits you.
- Now pour this heated salt on a piece of cloth or you can pour it in a sock.
- Close its mouth, or seal it with a rubber band or make a knot.
- Place in on the affected ear for around 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day. It will help you draw fluid from inside the ear.
Yes, garlic can be used as a home remedy for the treating ear infections. It shows a lot of proofs about its benefit. You can easily find it lie around somewhere in your kitchen.
- One remedy is, you can make garlic oil, by taking 3-4 cloves of garlic and heat them in the olive oil or mustard oil, until it starts to turn blackish. Now take a dropper or cotton and put 2-3 warm oil drops in the infected ear.
- Before going to bed. Take a clove of garlic and put it the infected ear. Like plug it, but don’t slide it too much. It will provide relief from pain.
You can either use mustard oil or olive oil. Both are pretty effective to use for the ear infection. These are pretty useful to extract wax from inside of the ear.
- Warm some olive or mustard oil. Put few drops of warm oil in the affected ear with the help of a dropper.
- The oil will make the wax soften inside the ear. You can remove then infected wax with the help of swabs. Take care with the swabs, try not to hurt your eardrum.
Vinegars are also a good home remedy as vinegars are acidic in nature, which is toxic for the microorganism responsible for the infection. It prevents their growth and further functions.
- Put 3-4 drops inside the infected ear and plug it, so the solution can’t drop outside. Do it 2-3 times a day.
- Prepare a mixture of water and vinegar or hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. Put few drops in the infected ear. And plug it with cotton buds. After 5-10 minute, remove the cotton and lie in the opposite direction, so the liquid solution can come out of the ear.
Onion is the most common ingredient to be found in the kitchen. It has a lot of medical benefits. You canalso use it for the treatment of ear infections.
- Chop one onion, put it in a container and then put it in microwave for 3-4 minutes. Once it cool down, extract the juice from it. Put 3-4 drops in the infected ear. Allow it to remain for 5-10 minutes. After that turn your head in the opposite direction so let the liquid drain out.
- Bake a small onion and then cut it into small pieces. Place these pieces on a piece of cloth and tie a knot on the top. Now place this piece of cloth on the infected ear. Let it remain there for 10-12 minutes and then repeat the process.
- Mullein Flower Oil:
Mullein flower oil helps reduce earache. It inhibits and destroy germs in the ear and also controls the inflammation. It is good and preferred remedy for the ear problems.
- Heat some olive oil. Then add some garlic cloves and after that Mullein flower or leaves. After 5 minutes, leave it to cool down. Take some cotton and soak it in the warm oil. Plug the infected ear with it. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Repeat this process whenever your ear hurts.
- Warm Compressions:
Warm compressions around the infected area can also help get relief from the pain and the inflammation due to infection. It helps removing the blockage in your Eustachian tubes.
- Take a clean cloth or a towel. Soak it in the hot water. Wring out the excess water and place this warm cloth on the infected ear. After sometime repeat this process. Repeat this process as you need.
- Take a hot water bottle or a head pad. Place it upon a towel and wrap it. Place this towel on the infected area. This will give some relief from the pain.
The above discussed remedies are useful in the case you have active ear infection. If you have other symptoms and none of the remedies is working on your infection, then you should better consult a doctor.