The gas pains and bloating are common problems in everyone’s lives. Gas is formed naturally due of the digestion process in the body. Most of the people are always concerned about passing gas in front of others. A fart at inconvenient time or place can place you in an awkward position, where you can become laughing stuff for the peoples.
But excess gas and gas pains are not laughing matters. It can be painful and discomfort for you. Gas pain or excess gas can be caused due to eating spicy food, not chewing your food properly, excess drinking, bacterial infection or any digestive disorder.
The excess gas formation results into gas pain problems. Some of the symptoms of excess gas in the body are:
- Bloating and tightness in abdomen area.
- Shifting pain and cramps in the abdomen.
- Reduced Appetite
- A white color layer coating on the tongue.
Some better changes to the diet plan and eating habits can help reduce gas problems. But there are so many causes it is difficult to prevent. There are many things, easily available in your kitchen, which can help you get relief from the gas problems.
Here are some of the natural home remedies for the gas pain and other gas related problems:
- Lemon and Baking Soda:
Lemon and Baking soda remedy is the best home remedy for the gas pains. It provides instant relief from the gas pain. It helps produce carbon dioxide which aids in the digestion process.
- Take a glass of water and add few drops of fresh lemon juice in it. Now take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it in the water, it will start fizzing. Drink it slowly, when fizzing starts to settle down.
- Take a glass of water and add tablespoon of baking soda. Stir it well. Drink this mixture on an empty stomach. It will provide you instant relief.
Cinnamon has antioxidant effects which helps reduce germs and fight inflammation. The good use of cinnamon can help smoothen the stomach and prevent further gas formation. Keep a check on the quantity you are using.
- Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of warm milk. You can also add a pint of turmeric powder and honey. Stir it well and drink it warm.
- You can also add cinnamon to tea. Add cinnamon powder to the boiling water and let it boil for a few minutes. Cinnamon tea is good for the stomach and prevent gas problems
Apple Cider Vinegar helps in general detoxification. It can be used to treat indigestion. If it is not available, then you can use any other vinegar available in the kitchen.
- Take a small amount of honey and add 8-10 drops of apple cider vinegar to it. Mix it well, now add this solution into warm water. Drink this solution 2-3 times a day.
- Take a glass of warm water and add 2 tablespoon of vinegar in it. Stir it well and drink it warm. You can also add some black salt.
- Carom seeds:
These are the oldest home remedy for indigestion and other gas problems. It is mostly used for every kind of problem related to stomach and digestion process. Its usage help proper regulation of gastric juices.
- You can consume 8-10 carom seeds with salt and warm water.
- You can also add it to tea, with some basil leaves. Drink this tea for 2-3 times a day.
- You can also add it to your meals.
Peppermint is also a good remedy for indigestion and gas pain. Menthol present in the peppermint has antispasmodic effects on our digestive tract. It is a good remedy for instant relief from gas pain and churning stomach.
- Add some fresh peppermint leaves to boiling water. After some time strain it and add some honey in it. Drink this tea for 2-3 times a day for the better relief.
- Add few drops of peppermint oil to a glass of water. Drink this mixture for instant relief or you can simply chew some peppermint leaves.
Garlic is easily available in most of the kitchen, its heat pungent quality helps reduce gas pain and provide relief from indigestion.
- Add some fresh garlic cloves in the boiling water. Also add a small amount of black pepper. Strain it and left to cool down. Drink this 2-3 times a day.
- Make a garlic soup for yourself. It can be very helpful for the pain relief and excess gas.
Ginger can also be used as a remedy for gas problems. It helps prevent the gas formation in the stomach. Adding ginger to your food is good idea to prevent gas issues, but keep in mind the quantity you are using.
- Take a piece of fresh ginger, grind it in small pieces. Add them to boiling water. Let it steep for few minutes. Drink it warm. Repeat this process for 2-3 times a day.
- Take a piece of ginger and cut it in small pieces, add some fennel and cardamom seeds, grind this mixture to form a paste. Add a pinch of asafetida in the paste, mix it properly. Add a teaspoon of this paste into a cup of water. Drink this 2-3 times a day.
- Warm water:
Yes, warm water can also help get relief from gas pain. Warm water helps remove the toxin from the body.
- Boil some water and drink it before going to bed and in morning on empty stomach. Drink warm water not cold water.
These above mentioned remedies can help you get instant relief from gas pain and other issues. If these remedies don’t work and you are experiencing other symptoms, then you better get consult a doctor.
Photo credit: Flickr